Lesson Plans and Activities
- Air Info Now - Making real-time air quality and interactive materials accessible to the public.
- California Blackworms -Introduce the principles of toxicology with a lab activity involving exposing blackworms to a toxicant in varying concentrations.
- Chemicals and Human Health - This interactive website covers toxicology, the effects of metals on kidneys, and the basic lung anatomy and function.
- Cluster Busters - A game of disease mystery solving.
- Lemons & Onions - A hands on lesson that helps students understand how to evaluate environmental health problems.
- Naturally Occuring Pesticides - Students extract compounds from common plants or plant parts.
- Race to Find the Cure - This activity simulates the extraction, identification, and separations of chemicals in or on plants using chromatography.
- Tobacco Induced Mutations - Students expose bacteria to 4 different concentrations of tobacco extract and observe the dose-response mutagenic effect on the bacteria.
- Understanding Garbage - This curriculum wants students to learn that managing garbage involves far more than taking the bags to the curb.