- UA Collaborators
- Contact Us
Service Labs The GFC is located in an 800 square foot laboratory in Room 3933 of the Arizona Cancer Center.
- The GFC provides four microarray platforms and the associated technologies necessary to use them.
- The four platforms are: 5,760-gene human and mouse cDNA microarrays, 20,000-gene human oligonucleotide microarrays, the Affymetrix GeneChip system, and the GE HealthCare Codelink Bioarrays.
- The oligonucleotide microarrays manufactured on-site by the GFC are made using Sigma/Compugen 60-mers on Corning's ultraGAPS II slides with a GeneMachine OmniGrid and Stealth printing tips from Telechem International. The cDNA arrays are made the same way using cDNA clones produced by the IMAGE consortium.
- The GFC provides quality control analysis of RNA samples using the Agilent Bioanalyzer and real time PCR confirmation of microarray results using an Applied Biosystems Prism 7000 and 7300 Sequence Detection Systems.
- The GFC also manufactures CpG island microarrays that are made available for purchase to researchers. More detailed descriptions of these platforms are provided below