The Steps 2 STEM Summer Research Internship is a 4-week research experience for students participating in the Pima County Youth Career Connect program.
Interns participating in Steps 2 STEM go through two days of science literacy training. During the next 4 weeks, students are assigned to and begin working in research labs across the University of Arizona. Students are placed into labs based on their scientific interests. At the conclusion of the 4-week internship, interns present their experience at the Steps 2 STEM Research Exhibit. Steps 2 STEM is a collaborative project with Nadja Anderson, PhD, Director of the BIOTECH Project at the University of Arizona.
Nadja Anderson, Ph.D.
Director, BIOTECH Program520-626-4664
Email: Dr. Anderson
- Students participating in Pima County's Youth Career Connect Program
- At least 18 years old by the start of the Program OR attending the University of Arizona in the following Fall semester
- Completion of both MCB 101 AND MCB 102 by the start of the program
Steps 2 STEM Interns Will:
- Work in real research labs across the University of Arizona campus
- Develop science literacy skills
- Develop Public Speaking Skills
- Receive 3 units of MCB 103 credit
- Receive University of Arizona Bloodborne Pathogens certification
- Receive University of Arizona Lab and Chemical Safety Certification