- UA Collaborators
- Contact Us
Indigenous Stewards Contest Submission Guidelines
Indigenous Stewards Vol. II Contest!!
STUDENTS: we are seeking submissions for Indigenous Stewards Vol. II
This will be our second year hosting our Indigenous Stewards writing, drawing and photo contest.
Deadline: March 23rd, 2016
Native youth are encouraged to explore an environmental issue in their community and then present their findings by creating a story, photo essay, drawing or poem.
The inaugural edition of Indigenous Stewards features the work of native students who took their idea of what environmental health meant to them and then created a photo, essay, drawing, short story or poem.
To view volume 1, visit: Indigenous Stewards Vol. I
The focus of second edition will once again be on environmental health and indigenous communities
The following links can be used for ideas on submitting content (photos, writing, artwork) related to environmental health and indigenous communities for the second volume of Indigenous Stewards.
Submission Categories: The top submissions in each category will be published in Vol. II
Fiction, non-fiction, poetry writing
• 500 words or less
• Microsoft document
• Related to tribal communities and environmental health
• Possible solutions, highlighting issues, challenges, and community action
• Information on author
• Photograph of an environmental health issue, topic, solution, community action
• Send as a jpeg file
• Must include caption
• Information on photographer
• Piece should be relating to an environmental health issue, topic, solution, community action
• Send in pdf file of piece
• May send in hardcopy if desired for future display at events
• Must include a caption/inspiration
• Information on artist
Information on the person submitting the topic should include:
• Tribal affiliation