COEC participates in community sponsored activities through the year. To request assistance for your project or program please contact Marti Lindsey 520-626-3692 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Outreach Core supports community groups in a variety of ways, to provide up to date environmental health information and access to Southwest Environmental Health researchers for presentations, information, and to answer questions of concern to groups and individuals.
- Advisor, concerning community outreach, to the Joint Air Toxics Assessment Project (JATAP), which monitors air quality in South Phoenix and several American Indian communities in the Phoenix valley.
- Information Walks at community events
- Presentations to small and large community meetings
Unified Community Advisory Board of the Tucson Superfund Site
The outreach director has been a member of the Unified Community Action Board of the TCE Superfund Cleanup site in Tucson since 2002.
Unifed Community Action Board meetings are held the third Wednesday of January, April, July and October. Meetings are held at the El Pueblo Activity Center, 101 West Irvington Road, Tucson, 6:00 to 8:00pm. Membership is open to all community members.
- The COEC supported them in their desire to teach local high school students about the TCE (trichloroethylene) contamination and cleanup with an interdisciplinary curriculum, click here.
- Set up opportunities for UCAB members, Possible Responsible Parties and EPA officials to speak to classes and groups of students and teachers.
- Held a TCE Symposium for Sunnyside Unified School District teachers and administratiors in January 2011.
- SWEHSC investigators and outreach core will provide education to support the need for a new plant to remove 1,4-dioxane from city water. RFG1 members will asist with presentations and materials development. To read more about the new plant click here.
- 2018-2019 documents about the Superfund Site: in English click here and for Spaninsh click here.