The following four weeks will be spent working with professionals in STEM-related fields.
When are applications due?
Applications will be due on February 26, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
What does a typical day during Steps 2 STEM look like?
- Interns will first participate in a two-day science literacy training.
- The following four weeks will be spent working with professionals in STEM-related fields.
- One morning each week will be spent at a work skills development seminar where interns will listen to speakers who work in various STEM fields, and interns will also get to prepare for their final presentation.
- Interns can expect to work between 35 - 40 hours per week.
How old must you be to participate in Steps to STEM?
You must be 16 years old by the start of the program to participate. This year, the program will begin on June 13, 2019.
What is expected of me if I am selected as an intern?
All interns are expected to be available for the entirety of the program and be able to work 35-40 hours per week. Interns are expected to treat this opportunity as a job and therefore should always be on time or early and conduct themselves in a professional manner.
What are the steps to getting into Steps 2 STEM?
1. Submit the Steps 2 STEM application.
2. After review of all applications, qualified applicants will be invited to interview.
3. After your interview, program staff will notify selected applicants.
Do I need to have taken certain classes?
No, but completeion of MCB 101 (Biotechnology 1) is preferred
What are the dates of the Steps 2 STEM program?
- Steps 2 STEM will begin on June 13, 2019, and the final day will be on July 12, 2019.
- Students will need to ask their internship hosts about their schedules during holidays.
What are the eligibility requirements for Steps 2 STEM
To participate in steps to STEM you must:
1. Be participating in Pima County JTED's Bioscience or Health Science programs
2. Be at least 16 years old by the start of the Program OR attending the University of Arizona in the following Fall semester
3. Have a passion and for science and human health
If you have any other questions, please contact Ben Richmond at firstname.lastname@example.org