The Steps 2 STEM Summer Research Internship is a 4-week research experience for students participating in the Pima County JTED's Bioscience and Health Science programs.
Interns participating in Steps 2 STEM go through two days of science literacy training. The following four weeks will be spent working with professionals in STEM-related fields across the University of Arizona. At the conclusion of the 4-week internship, interns present their experience at the Steps 2 STEM Research Exhibit. Steps 2 STEM is a collaborative project with Nadja Anderson, PhD, Director of the BIOTECH Project at the University of Arizona.
Nadja Anderson, Ph.D.
Director, BIOTECH Program520-626-4664
Email: Dr. Anderson
2021 Program Dates
June 9, 2021 - July 9, 2021
- Students participating in Pima County JTED’s Bioscience and Health Science programs.
- At least 16 years old by the start of the Program
- Completion of both MCB 101 AND MCB 102 by the start of the program preferred
Steps 2 STEM Interns Will:
- Work in real research labs across the University of Arizona campus
- Develop science literacy skills
- Develop Public Speaking Skills
- Receive 3 units of MCB 103 credit
- Receive University of Arizona Bloodborne Pathogens certification
- Receive University of Arizona Lab and Chemical Safety Certification