The most common modality is with Information Walks – where environmental health information is disseminated at various stations using interactive approaches. Other walks teach
The Asthma and Allergies Information Walk
- Information to develop an information walk is located here the goal of this activity is to promote sciencelearning, to young people and to the general public, using a stations approach.
- Used to teach about asthma and allergies at the University of Arizona Saturday Academy in 2005
- Was presented by students of Catalina Health Magnet High School to over 1000 students at the annual Health Fair of their school in 2006.
- It has been used at the Gila River Indian Community and at the Tribal Youth Conference for several years.
The Greater Community
- At Tucson’s citywide FunFest the COEC reaches 250 students and adults each year using an educational and entertaining activity, Lemons and Onions, based on ToxRAP.
- The Asthma and Allergies Museum Walk was also presented to the public in May of 2006 at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.
- The Walk is used annually in Earth Day Events in Tribal Communities.