*All CEC EMPLOYEES ARE NOW WORKING REMOTELY. PlEASE CONTACT us WITH ANY QUESTIONS. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING!*
Call for art submissions!
Mission & Goals
- To promote environmental health science literacy
- To serve as a non-biased source of scientific information to the public
- To provide environmental health educational resources
- To support connections between SWEHSC investigators and the community
Connecting with the community to provide unbiased resources and information on Environmental Health by disseminating environmental health information aligned with the research themes of the SWEHSC and of interest to the target audiences:
- Air pollution, lung disease and asthma
- Cancer and the health effects of UV and arsenic exposures
- Health effects of exposure to trichloroethylene, 1,4-dioxane, and other chemicals
To promote environmental health outreach with communities, the CEC:
- Builds collaborations in American Indian communities to address environmental health concerns raised by members, community leaders, and environmental quality and public health professionals
- Assesses the environmental health information needs of Arizona communities to identify topics for outreach campaigns in new areas
- Collaborates with SWEHSC members to disseminate findings of their research to partners and community members in
- Collaborates with other University of Arizona and NIEHS outreach groups to improve the resources and information available to communities
To promote environmental health education, the CEC:
- Identifies and disseminates environmental health education resources
- Provides environmental health sciences information and expertise
- Develops new environmental health materials in partnerships
Bi-directional Partnership Development
The CEC conducts most of its initiatives uses a bi-directional approach (below) to identify and establish collaborations and to develop and evaluate those activities
- Identifies postential partners
- Forms a clear rationale based on answers to essential questions
- Why is the SWEHSC CEC needed for the collaboration?
- How will the CEC assist with the project?
- How will this partnership promote the mission of the SWEHSC?
- How will this partnership buiold community capacity for addrssing EH chalenges
Recruits appropriate expertise from SWEHSC investigators and student researchers
Share knowledge and chooses mutually agreeable EH foci
Creates or adapts engagement methods, materials and resources