What exactly is 'what's brewin' in your lab'?
What's Brewin' in Your Lab is a collaboration between the Community Engagement Core (CEC) and researchers who are members of the Southwest Environmental Health Sciences Center (SWEHSC). This event invites researchers to discuss current research with the CEC team over coffee and breakfast.
goals of What's Brewin' in Your Lab
- Connect research projects and the Tucson community, thus allowing community members to better understand the efforts being made to improve overall environmental health status.
- Establish and maintain relationships between researchers and the SWEHSC CEC.
- Understand the research being conducted so that the CEC can disseminate information to the community in plain language.
- Incorporate information from researchers in educational material and programs.
Past research labs hosted
The CEC has hosted several researchers and lab personnel in the past. To view the full list click here.
How has the pandemic affected what's brewin' in your lab?
What's Brewin' in Your Lab is still taking place during the pandemic. Researchers and lab staff can choose from several event options:
- Fully remote event via Zoom
- Hybrid event with a mix of Zoom and in-person participants
- Fully in-person meetings (while adhering to the latest university and CDC COVID-19 social distancing and masking guidelines)
How can i get involved?
You can contact us with any inquiries by filling out this form. Thanks!